The EVO Box
GEUS' all digital, all HD (high definition) system is now available to every household in Greenville.
We provide 2 wallet-size EVO digital boxes free of charge. You can attach it to the back of your TV or set it on top - no more bulky box.
About the EVO Box
The EVO box provides better viewing quality and a more energy-efficient, all digital system.
- No Internet access is required to operate the EVO box.
- A parental control system allows you to restrict viewing of certain channels if you wish.
- The box supports Closed-Captioning and Emergency Alerts.
- Provides faster Channel changing.
- Has full 1080i HDMI (High Definition) support
- You will also receive a new remote for each of the EVO boxes that will work with any TV.
Who Gets the New Box
Every GEUS Cable subscriber will receive 2 free EVO boxes. If you have more than 2 TV sets, extra boxes are available at $1.99 each per month.
That means every TV in your house will receive all of the channels you subscribe to, including music and premium channels. After January 1, 2014 virtually all of those channels will be high definition. (Even if you don't have an HD TV set, your picture will be better with the new EVO box.)
*Subscribers with TiVo DVR service (no Motorola box) will also receive 2 free EVO boxes.
Each EVO Package Includes
- The wallet-size EVO digital box
- Velcro for attaching to the back of your TV set, if you wish to do so
- HDMI and a coaxial cable for connecting the box to your TV
- Power cord
- Remote control (batteries included) that works with the box and any TV
- Printed installation instructions
Free EVO Boxes
- We will mail the boxes to subscribers, node by node. You will have the option of installing them yourself with the easy instructions included in the package, or you may schedule a visit from a GEUS service technician for the installation. If you would like GEUS technician to install you EVO box free of charge, call 903-457-2800 to make an appointment.
- The technician will collect your Motorola box or, if you install the EVO yourself, you will need to drop off the Motorola box at our service center at 2810 Wesley Street.
- If you don't want to wait for the mailed boxes, you can bring your Motorola box to our service center and trade for your two free EVO boxes. You can install them yourself or schedule installation.
Return the Motorola Box
Important! You must return your Motorola box to GEUS! Do not throw the box away. If you don't return it to GEUS, you will be billed $250, the cost of the box.
- Universal DTA Compliant
- Simultaneous Analog and Digital Output
- Small and Compact Industrial Design
- HD/SD MPEG-2, HD/SD MPEG-4
- RF Universal Remote Control Support
- Easily installed behind the TV
- Supports FastRTVTM Channel Change Technology
- Supports Closed-Captioning and Emergency Alert
- MoCA Rejection
- Dual Color LED
Call 903-457-2800 to subscribe to GEUS Cable TV service or print the service application and bring it to our GEUS Service Center.